Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finances for the young...

This is week number three of my new commitment to saving our family money by couponing and watching ads/blogs for great deals. My son was very proud to tell a friend that I had purchased 650+ coupons on ebay for only $12 - and he's getting used to seeing me sitting at my desk figuring out shopping lists and coupons. I am still tossing ideas around in my head for laying out a curriculum. The kids are going to VBS next week so I will have some extra time then to figure out the best scenario. I can't wait to start sharing what I've learned so far with them - they are already very excited when I tell them the amount I've saved with each shopping trip, so I know they're interested...just gotta find ways to keep that interest up! I will share with you all what ideas I've come up with for the financial curriculum for elementary ages as soon as I get the details all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment