Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thankful for the rain, but glad to see the sun...

Over the weekend we got about 1/2 an inch of rain. Not much, and we certainly needed every drop. I wasn't too thrilled that we had four days of gloomy, gloomy, gloomy, however! It is back to sunny skies today and a bit warmer weather, which is good.

I didn't get as much done these last few days as I was hoping to (some tummy troubles), but I am happy to say that I did find some more deals, and will be heading to Target and Cub today with a friend. Can wait to see how I do at both places!

The kids have taken notice of my recent coupon mania and frugal frenzy. My daughter has even helped clip some coupons, but my son was the vocal one...he said "Mom, you sure are going crazy with those coupons - I think you're the coupon queen!" I chuckled a bit at that, and decided I am going to make this into an educational experience for us all. It will be good for the kids to learn how to save and find the best deals on things they desire, too. Maybe I'll even design a curriculum based all on saving, couponing, and thriftiness so that we can help our family save money in every way possible. The more I think about it, the more I am excited to implement something like that! I have a couple more weeks before our next break, so I think I better starting making a plan....any ideas, please share!

2 comments:

  1. My girls are all about coupons! They'll often ask when I'm going to buy a certain product and they already know the answer - "when it's on sale or I have a coupon."

    They have learned to appreciate coupons, though. We occasionally get coupons from Target for a few dollars off of certain toy products and, if they have the money saved up, they can use the coupon to afford something they might not could have otherwise.

    Would love to see what you come up with as a family-money-saving curriculum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some ideas going through my head already...I will post them when I get it all 'ironed' out! Thank you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete