Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gardening

Over the last couple of years I have really gotten into gardening. Not weeding, mind you, just gardening. I have been working hard to fill the flower garden in the front yard and it's really coming along, but my newest project has been adding trees to the backyard. Today we went and bought two Norway Spruce. Almost wished we had picked up two more. I also transplanted two maple trees from the front yard that started growing in our flower bed. There is already a new maple in the backyard we transplanted two years ago, but it's taken a while for it to get going since last year a lawn service we were using wasn't very careful and almost killed it off. Here is a full view of the back corner. If you click on it you can see a bigger picture. The one spruce is hard to see in about the middle of the picture, and the far right landscape block has the 3 year old maple in it, plus some daffodil plants. The ones on the left are the new ones...


And here's an upclose of one of the maples. I added geraniums to give some support to the maples so they aren't in there all by themselves. This fall I'll plant some bulbs as well to add more color in the spring and decide next year what else I want to put in to replace the geraniums. I like to use perrenials as much as I can, so I will be looking for something more permanent.
After I showed Jeff and told him my thoughts on getting more Norway Pines he liked the idea. I also have three more maples up front I'm waiting to get a bit bigger and then I can transplant them back there, too. It's kinda funny that after 12 years of being in this house I finally choose to add trees to the backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment