Friday, May 7, 2010

Life...something to be thankful for....

It's been pretty quiet around here as of late. We had a very nice spring, and a lot of nice days to sit outside and read some great books. We even started digging a spot for our new vegetable garden, and it's coming along. We are about half-way done digging, but the weather has now turned rainy, cold, and windy, so we've had to put the rest on hold while we wait for it to warm up a bit.

The kids are doing well in their school work. We just finished the longest time span of five weeks before a break and the week off went very fast. We're now on our normal four-week stretch but after this we'll go down to three weeks for the summer months. In mid-August, we'll take three weeks off before we move up to the next grade for both of them. It will be interesting to see how that goes since we have only taken off three weeks once before and we were extremely busy during that time helping friends move, but this should be a little more relaxing so we'll have more time to get in each other's hair!

One of my favorite books that I just finished reading from the last grouping is The Forgotten God by Francis Chan. If you have not read this book, I highly encourage you to pick up a copy and make sure you have a nitch of time set aside every day to read it until you're done. It's a book I intend to read at least, oh....a dozen more times. I am still in the process of reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge. I have about 52 books in my wish list right now, so I think I'm going to need to get motivated if I'm going to read them all before I add a whole bunch more. It's kinda funny, but I used to hate reading. It was very difficult for me because I have a learning disability in reading comprehension and retention, but I have learned over the last several years how to work beyond it all and reading has now become one of my pastimes I really enjoy. I just thank God for that because without Him being in control of that I doubt if I would have ever picked up another book after college.

I am still writing for Examiner.com, but not as often as I'd like. I did pick up another examiner title, too, so now I am also the Minneapolis Natural Health Examiner. They've gotten very picky about articles being local, however, which makes it a bit difficult to always keep natural health local as well as debt examiner(my other title). My writing "well" as dried up a little because of that, and I don't write as much as I should be.

Well, I am off to spend an evening watching a movie with the kiddos. It's rainy outside and only 40 degrees, so not much else to do tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Life is a Combination Of Both Joy and Sad,I really impressed your blog article..

    ReplyDelete