Thursday, August 20, 2009

I haven't disappeared!

Yep, I'm still here! Just been very busy and not home for more than a day here or there over the last week and a half. I'll explain more on that later.

It's been a crazy two weeks (make that summer!), and it's not over yet. I am taking part of the day today to catch up on life, and then I dig headfirst into prepping for a rummage sale I'm having with friends in a week and a half. I'm looking forward to seeing extra stuff gone from our house and a little more breathing room. Things feel so cluttered right now, and I would love to see more room and less things! Then it's school time again. The kids got a few extra weeks off due to our helping friends with an unexpected move they had to make (hence our being gone over the last couple of weeks), so now we'll have to do some catch-up to make up for that time. They have learned a lot of life lessons during this time off, however, so I know that time wasn't without learning experiences. I am just so thankful that the Lord saw to it that I would have the strength and energy to help our friends.

I surprisingly was still able to get a bit of shopping done in the last week, and had a great trip to Walgreens. Our savings for the month of August is almost as much as our out-of-pocket, so I think I can say I have officially cut our grocery/household bill in half. It has taken almost 3 months to do it, but that really isn't very long at all! I have set a new goal for myself to keep my spending per week under $100. I did it this last week, so I'm hoping the trend can continue. It will be fun to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment